1. From where does every earthly government get its authority and power? (Rom. 13:1)
2. How do earthly governments serve people who are obedient? (Rom. 13:4)
3. What can rebellious people expect from earthly governments?
4. Why must we be subject to earthly governments? (Rom. 13:5)
5. Why must we pay tribute to earthly governments? (Rom. 13:6)
6. How can we know that we are fulfilling God's will as expressed in His law? (Rom. 13:8-10)
7. Why must we be urgent to make sure we are serving the Lord faithfully? (Rom 13:11,12)
8. How can we prepare to properly deal with situations that may tempt us to sin, before we encounter them? (Rom. 13:14)
Circle your choice as appropriate
1. T F Anyone who rebels against the earthly authority under whose jurisdiction they live is really fighting with God.
2. T F Secular rulers are accountable to God rather than the people over whom they exercise earthly authority.
3. T F We ought to encourage people to love themselves, which provides the basis for their motivation and ability to love their neighbor.
Write an answer to ONE of the following questions or requests. The answer must not be longer than one paragraph..
A. Why should citizens of the kingdom of heaven submit to the authority of earthly governments?
B. Why doesn't Romans 13 state that there are exceptions to submission to governmental authorities, such as Daniel 6:10-13?
C. What does Romans 13 teach that supports governmental use of capital punishment? How does verse 10 fit into the discussion?
Write an answer to the following question or request. Limit your essay to two pages double spaced. Support your statements and conclusions with quotes from the Bible and the analysis of Romans.
Find and quote one verse from Romans 13 that shows how Christians fulfill God's will in a secular world. Explain. Also include a description of the motivation Christians should have as they fulfill God's will in a secular world.
Home Romans Page Top of Page Rom 13 Key