1. What does God do for His people? (Jude 1) HE SANCTIFIES, PRESERVES AND CALLS THEM
2. Jude's primary objective was to write OF THE COMMON SALVATION (Jude 3)
3. Whom did God destroy? (Jude 5) THEM WHOM HE SAVED OUT OF EGYPT AND WHO BELIEVED NOT
4. Of what things do wicked men speak evil words? (Jude 10) OF THINGS THAT THEY KNOW NOT (ANYTHING)
5. What objects does Jude use to illustrate evil men's empty boasts? (Jude 12) CLOUDS WITHOUT WATER AND TREES WITHOUT FRUIT
6. How do evil seek gain an advantage? (Jude 16) THEY HAVE MEN'S PERSON'S IN ADMIRATION
7. How do evil men reveal that they do not have the Spirit? (Jude 18) THEY SEPARATE THEMSELVES AND THEY ARE SENSUAL
8. Upon what do believers focus? (Jude 21) THEY LOOK FOR THE MERCY OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST UNTO ETERNAL LIFE
9. What two things is God able to do? (Jude 24) TO KEEP HIS PEOPLE FROM FALLING AND TO PRESENT THEM FAULTLESS BEFORE THE PRESENCE OF HIS GLORY
10. When does God receive dominion and power? (Jude 25) NOW AND EVER
Circle your choice or write your answer as appropriate.
1. The certainty that a person's salvation is preserved forever
a) is an arrogant assumption.
b) leads to a careless life.
c) is based upon a person's continued faithfulness.
d)* is a result of the fact that salvation is totally a work of God without any contribution by that person.
2. T F* The many similarities between the letter of Jude and the letter of II Peter prove that Jude learned and copied from Peter.
3. T F* God's salvation promises are to individuals and we cannot expect blessings given to parents also to be found in the lives of their children.
4. T* F The gift of salvation includes the desire and ability to recognize false Christians and their evil doctrine.
5. Unsaved people in the church who remain unsaved and are eventually judged ...
a) are ordained or chosen by name to be unsaved.
b)* demonstrate the principle that the wages of sin is death.
c) demonstrate that not all of God's people are preserved.
d) demonstrate that the sin's grip on their soul is far stronger than any power to free them.
6. Angels were chained in order that ...
a)* they could not prevent people of different nations from coming to salvation.
b) nations could arise which were based on biblical principles.
c) evil spirits and occult activity would cease in the world.
7. The contention between Michael and the devil ...
a) was on equal terms because they were both created spiritual beings.
b)* referred to the challenge the devil made to Christ because He had not yet died and risen from the dead.
c) showed that Michael, who was no match for the devil, nevertheless could appeal to God for help.
d) is a pattern for us to rebuke the devil and his host whenever we encounter him.
8. According to Jude 10-16, one outstanding character trait of wicked people is THEIR LIMITLESS ARROGANCE .
9. T F* Jude's reference to the apocryphal book of Enoch shows that we can use religious books to gain spiritual truth.
10. God's people are preserved in Jesus Christ ... (choose one or more)
a) by isolating them from the influence of this evil human society.
b) by making them immune to the influences of this evil world.
c)* by learning to recognize what is true and what is false.
d)* as they pray.
e)* as they anticipate and long for Jesus' return.
11. T* F A believer is called to discern the difference between someone who is interested in listening to the gospel and someone who is only interested in bring his own gospel. This discernment leads a believer to spend time and effort to bring the gospel to a person who is interested in hearing it and leads a believer to avoid the person who has his own gospel.
Write an answer to ONE of the following questions or requests. The answer must not be longer than one paragraph.
A. If it is in God's hand to preserve His people, why does He instruct them to contend for the faith? THE ANSWER SHOULD INCLUDE THAT THE FACT THAT GOD HAS ESTABLISHED AND USES PHYSICAL MEANS (PEOPLE, BELIEVERS) TO ACCOMPLISH HIS SPIRITUAL PURPOSES (SALVATION AND JUDGMENT). THE ANSWER FOR THE QUESTION WHY GOD USES THESE MEANS COULD INCLUDE THE FACT THAT BELIEVERS MAINTAIN THE PROPER SPIRITUAL FOCUS AS THEY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH, OR THAT THEY GROW TO APPRECIATE THEIR NEED FOR THEIR LORD AND THEIR INABILITY TO KEEP THEMSELVES FAITHFUL BY THEIR OWN WISDOM AND POWER, OR THAT THEY GLORIFY GOD AS THEY CONTEND FOR THE FAITH DISPLAYING THEIR FAITHFUL WALK IN CONTRAST TO THE LIVES OF EVIL MEN, OR THAT BELIEVERS PROVIDE UNBELIEVERS WITH A CLEAR WITNESS OF THE TRUTH AND SO PREPARE UNBELIEVERS FOR JUDGMENT.
B. What is one example which Jude gives that shows someone falling from the favor and presence of God. Show how the example does not refute the ability of God to preserve His own people's salvation. ANSWER COULD INCLUDE THE EXAMPLE OF THE PEOPLE WHO CAME OUT OF EGYPT, OR THE ANGELS WHO LIVED IN HEAVEN OR PEOPLE WHO FELLOWSHIP WITH MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH. IN ALL OF THESE CASES, IF THE PARTICIPANTS FELL AWAY, THEN NONE OF THEM WERE SAVED. THEY ALL ENJOYED VARIOUS BLESSINGS OF GOD, IN PART BECAUSE THEY SHARED IN SOME OF THE OUTWARD BENEFITS GOD INTENDED FOR HIS PEOPLE AND IN PART BECAUSE THEY PRETENDED TO BE A LEGITIMATE BELIEVER AND APPEARED TO BE IN FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD. YET THEY EVENTUALLY SHOWED THEIR WICKED HEART AND THE FACT THAT THEY WERE NOT KEPT BY GOD'S GRACE.
C. Why would anyone have the temerity to be vocally arrogant in their opposition to God and His people? THE ANSWER COULD INCLUDE THE FACT THAT THEIR ARROGANCE IS A MEASURE OF THEIR CORRUPTION, OR THAT SUCH UNBELIEVERS NO LONGER FEAR GOD EVEN THOUGH THEY OUGHT TO, OR THAT THEY ARE SO GREEDY FOR GAIN THAT THEY SEEK IT BOLDLY, OR THAT THEY THINK BOLDNESS WILL ADD BELIEVABILITY TO THEIR EMPTY PROMISES, OR THAT THEY SEEK TO DESTROY THE WITNESS OF THE GOSPEL.
Write an answer to ONE the following questions or requests. Limit your Essay to two pages double spaced. Support your statements and conclusions with quotes from the Bible and the analysis of Jude.
Select and quote one verse from the book of Jude that shows a means which God uses to preserve the salvation of His saints. Explain. THE ANSWER COULD INCLUDE THE FACT THAT GOD GIVES THEM THE WISDOM AND POWER TO CONTEND FOR THE FAITH AGAINST THE MANY WICKED INFLUENCES THAT COME THEIR WAY INSTEAD OF SUCCUMBING TO THE EVIL INFLUENCES, OR THAT THEY REMEMBER THE WORDS OF THE APOSTLES, THAT IS, THE BIBLE, OR THAT THEY PRAY, OR THAT THEY FOCUS UPON THE PROMISES OF GOD RATHER THAN THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD, OR THAT THEY ARE BUSY DOING THE WILL OF THEIR LORD SUCH AS BRINGING THE GOSPEL.
Select and quote one verse from the book of Jude that shows the behavior and therefore the character of the people who seek to destroy the faith of the saints. Explain. THE ANSWER COULD INCLUDE THE FACT THAT EVIL MEN ARE SOMETIMES SNEAKY, OR THAT THEY ARROGANTLY SAY EVIL THINGS AGAINST THE GOSPEL, OR THAT THEY FEARLESSLY SEEK TO JOIN IN THE CEREMONIES OF THE CHURCH IN ORDER TO APPEAR HOLY, OR THAT THEY MAKE GREAT PROMISES WHICH THEY CANNOT FULFILL, OR THAT THEY ARE MURMURERS AND COMPLAINERS, OR THAT THEY SHOW FAVORITISM, OR THAT THEY SET AN EXAMPLE OF WALKING AFTER LUSTS AND PHYSICAL REWARD.
Home NT Page Top of Page