1. What was the former treatise to Theophilus? (Acts 1:1, Luke 1:3) THE GOSPEL OF LUKE
2. What was required of the two men for them to be a candidate for apostleship? (Acts 1:22) BE A WITNESS OF JESUS' RESURRECTION
3. Of what language were the tongues on Pentecost? (Acts 2:5, 8) EVERY NATION UNDER HEAVEN
4. Why did David say, "my flesh shall rest in hope"? (Acts 2:26, 27, 31) HE BELIEVED IN THE RESURRECTION
5. What was the reaction of the hearers of Peter's sermon? (Acts 2:37) THEY WERE PRICKED IN THEIR HEART
6. To whom is the promise of salvation? (Acts to YOU
to YOUR CHILDREN
and to ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF
7. How did the church grow? (Acts 2:47) THE LORD ADDED DAILY SUCH AS SHOULD BE SAVED
8. How long was the man lame? (Acts 3:2, 4:22) FROM HIS MOTHER'S WOMB, MORE THAN 40 YEARS
9. How was the man made whole? (Acts 3:16) THROUGH THE NAME OF JESUS
10. Who was Moses a picture of? (Acts 3:22) JESUS CHRIST
11. What was Peter and John's academic reputation? (Acts 4:13) PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY WERE IGNORANT AND UNLEARNED
12. What were Peter and John compelled to do? (Acts 4:20) MUST SPEAK THE THINGS THEY SAW AND HEARD
13. Who was against Jesus? (Acts 4:27) HEROD, PILATE, THE GENTILES AND THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL
14. What was Barnabas' other name? (Acts 4:36) JOSES
15. To what is lying to the Holy Ghost equated? (Acts 5:4) LYING TO GOD
16. How did the religious rulers react when the apostles healed those in need? (Acts 5:17) THEY WERE FILLED WITH INDIGNATION
17. How could an Israelite repent? (Acts 5:31) IF GOD GIVES THEM REPENTANCE
18. What was Gamaliel's warning? (Acts 5:39) THEY MUST NOT FIGHT AGAINST GOD
19. Why did the disciples need help? (Acts 6:2) THEY SHOULD NOT LEAVE THE WORD OF GOD AND SERVE TABLES
20. Were all the priests enemies of the gospel? (Acts 6:7) NO
21. In what two ways did the religious leaders misquote Stephen? (Acts 6:14) THAT STEPHEN SAID JESUS WOULD DESTROY THE PHYSICAL TEMPLE AND CHANGE THE CUSTOMS OF MOSES
22. What was in the hearts of Joseph's brothers? (Acts 7:9) ENVY
23. What did Stephen call the people of Israel? (Acts 7:38) THE CHURCH
24. What was Stephen's last desire of his life? (Acts 7:60) THAT GOD WOULD FORGIVE HIS PERSECUTERS
25. How did God use the persecution of the church? (Acts 8:1, 4) TO SCATTER THE WORD ABROAD
26. How did Simon think that He could get the gift of the Holy Spirit? (Acts 8:20) BUY HIM WITH MONEY
27. According to Acts 8:35, what is Isaiah 53 talking about? THE SUFFERING OF JESUS CHRIST
28. What happened to Saul after his encounter with Jesus? (Acts 9:9) HE WAS THREE DAYS WITHOUT SIGHT, BREAD AND DRINK
29. Who was the first man to come to Paul's defense? (Acts 9:27) BARNABAS
30. Upon what was Dorcas' reputation built? (Acts 9:36, 39) GOOD WORKS AND ALMSGIVING
31. What was the point of the dream that Peter had three times? (Acts 10:15) WHAT GOD HATH CLEANSED, DO NOT CALL UNCLEAN
32. To whom did Jesus show Himself after He rose from the dead? (Acts 10:41) WITNESSES CHOSEN BEFORE OF GOD
33. How could a Gentile repent? (Acts 11:18) IF GOD GIVES THEM REPENTANCE
34. For whom did the disciple provide physical relief? (Acts 11:29) UNTO THE BRETHREN DWELLING IN JUDEA
35. What did the church do while Peter was in jail? (Acts 12:5) PRAYED WITHOUT CEASING
36. What did Rhoda do when Peter knocked on the door? (Acts 12:13, 14) SHE FORGOT TO OPEN THE DOOR AND RAN IN AND TOLD EVERYONE THAT PETER WAS AT THE GATE
37. What was Barjesus' or Elyamas' objective? (Acts 13:8) TO TURN AWAY THE DEPUTY FROM THE FAITH
38. According to Acts 13:33, what do the words, "Thou art my Son, this day I have begotten thee", in Psalm 2 mean? JESUS WAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD
39. In Antioch of Pisidia, who believed the gospel of salvation? (Acts 13:48) AS MANY AS WERE ORDAINED TO ETERNAL LIFE
40. What was the reaction of the people of Iconium when they saw Paul and Barnabas heal a man? (Acts 14:11) THEY THOUGHT PAUL AND BARNABAS WERE GODS
41. Soon after, what did the Jews persuade the people to do? (Acts 14:19) STONE PAUL
42. What did some people think were two requirements of a good Christian life? (Acts 15:5) CIRCUMCISION AND KEEPING THE LAW OF MOSES
43. What is the only foundation of a Christian life? (Acts 15:11) THE GRACE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
44. What could happen if a person followed the requirements in verse 5? (Acts 15:24) SUBVERT THEIR SOULS
45. What did some of the people of Philippi customarily do by a river side on the Sabbath? (Acts 16:13) PRAY
46. What happened to Lydia's family after her heart was opened? (Acts 16:15) THEY WERE BAPTIZED
47. How did Paul and Silas spend their time in jail? (Acts 16:25) THEY PRAYED AND SANG HYMNS TO GOD
48. Upon what did Paul base his discussions with the Jews in Thessalonica? (Acts 17:2) THE SCRIPTURES
49. How often did the Jews in Berea try to verify what Paul said? (Acts 17:11) DAILY
50. How are the nations related to each other in God's sight? (Acts 17:26)THEY ARE OF ONE BLOOD
51. What did Aquila and Paul have in common? (Acts 18:3) THEY WERE BOTH TENTMAKERS
52. What success did the gospel have in Corinth? (Acts 18:8) THE CHIEF RULER OF THE SYNAGOGUE, HIS WHOLE HOUSE AND MANY OF THE CORINTHIANS BELIEVED
53. What did Apollos powerfully prove by means of the scriptures? (Acts 18:28) THAT JESUS WAS THE CHRIST
54. How long did Paul teach the gospel in the school of Tyrannus? (Acts 19:10) TWO YEARS
55. What motivated Demetrius to oppose Paul? (Acts 19:24-26) DESIRE FOR MORE WEALTH
56. When was it the custom of the disciples to break bread? (Acts 20:7) THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK
57. What was the main goal of Paul's life? (Acts 20:24) FINISH HIS COURSE WITH JOY AND THE MINISTRY WHICH HE RECEIVED OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TO TESTIFY OF THE GOSPEL OF GRACE
58. Who accompanied Paul out of the city of Tyre? (Acts 21:5) ALL THE BELIEVERS INCLUDING WIVES AND CHILDREN
59. For what was Paul prepared? (Acts 21:13) TO DIE IN JERUSALEM
60. Why was the chief captain surprised? (Acts 21:37) PAUL SPOKE GREEK
61. Although Paul spoke to whoever he could, to whom was he sent? (Acts 22:21) GENTILES
62. How did Paul become a Roman citizen? (Acts 22:28) HE BORN A CITIZEN
63. What was God's plan for Paul? (Acts 23:11) BEAR WITNESS IN ROME
64. Whom did God use to carry out His plan? (Acts 23:16) PAUL'S SISTER'S SON
65. Of what was Paul careful in his ministry? (Acts 24:16) HAVE A GOOD CONSCIENCE VOID OF OFFENCE TOWARD GOD AND MEN
66. What was Felix's reaction to Paul's message of judgement to come? (Acts 24:25) HE TREMBLED
67. How long did Felix keep Paul bound? (Acts 24:27) 2 YEARS
68. How did what Paul preach about Jesus Christ compare to the Old Testament? (Acts 26:22) THEY WERE THE SAME
69. How did Festus react to Paul's words? (Acts 26:24) HE THOUGHT PAUL WAS BESIDE HIMSELF, MAD
70. What did King Agrippa say to Paul? (Acts 26:28) THOU ALMOST PERSUADED ME TO BE A CHRISTIAN
71. How did the centurion, Julius, treat Paul? (Acts 27:3) COURTEOUSLY AND WITH LIBERTY
72. How did the ships crew react to Paul's counsel and prayer? (Acts 27:36) THEY CHEERED UP AND ATE
73. Why did Julius contradict the soldier's counsel and allow all who could to swim for the shore? (Acts 27:43) HE DID NOT WANT PAUL TO BE KILLED
74. What encouraged Paul as he neared his journey to Rome? (Acts 28:15) THE WELCOME AND GREETING FROM THE BRETHREN
75. What occupied Paul in his two years at Rome? (Acts 28:31) PREACHING AND TEACHING ABOUT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
Circle your choice or write your answer as appropriate
1. T* F The proper title of the book is the "Acts of God."
2. The book of Acts spends a disproportionate amount of time discussing the work of the missionary Paul. Give two reasons.
a) ACTS RECORDS THE PROGRESS OF THE GOSPEL AS IT GOES OUT INTO THE WORLD AND PAUL IS THE MISSIONARY SENT TO THE WORLD OF GENTILES.
b) PAUL'S LIFE WAS A GOOD ILLUSTRATION OF THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL WHICH ACTS DESCRIBES.
3. T* F The book of Acts shows that the kingdom of God is not in competition with nor does it offer any political threat to earthly governments.
4. T* F The restoration in view in Acts 1:6 is the restoration of believers to a right relationship with God, which happens when they are saved.
5. Acts 2 describes ...
a)* the fulfillment of the Old Testament ceremony of Pentecost.
b) a change in God's plans in light of the fact that the Jews rejected Jesus as King.
c) the special gifts that New Testament believers can expect to use in evangelism.
6. T* F The tongues of Acts 2 are entirely different than the phenomenon mentioned in I Corinthians.
7. According to Acts 2:17,
a) near the end of time Christians will be given special gifts in order to do great works of evangelism.
b) during the reign of Christ on Earth, Jews will be given special powers as their prophets had in old times.
c)* all during the New Testament time, Christians will understand and bring the word of God to the world.
8. From Acts 2:23 we learn ...
a) God deferred His plan for national Israel in as much as they rejected Jesus as king the first time He came.
b)* Jesus' rejection by the Jews and His death was anticipated and expected.
c) although Jesus' death was a result of a Roman and Jewish plot, God will have the final say when He comes again to establish His kingdom.
9. T F* Acts 2:38 teaches the necessity to be baptized in order to be saved and receive the gift which the Holy Spirit gives to believers.
10. T F* Acts 2:39 teaches that God promises to save the children of believing mothers and fathers.
11. T* F Acts 2:41 illustrates the weakness of the law in contrast to the power of grace to save.
12. In the early history of the church as recorded in Acts miracles were ...
a) a common or usual occurrence.
b) the means God gave the apostles to help them escape the persecution that followed the proclamation of the gospel.
c)* rare occurrences which were designed confirm and illustrate the message of the apostles.
d) displayed to create and strengthen the faith of people who had no prior exposure to the gospel.
13. T* F The sermons recorded in Acts, such as Acts 3:18-26, show that the gospel contains no hope for Israel as a nation, now or in the future..
14. The "name" referred to in Acts 4:12 is ...
c) God Almighty
d) Holy Spirit
e)* the total personality of the Son
15. T* F A lack of formal education cannot prevent a person from understanding the gospel.
16. T* F Not just the Jews, but all people were against Jesus.
17. The story in the beginning of Acts 5 shows us that the Holy Spirit is A PERSON, GOD HIMSELF [NOT A THING OR A FORCE] .
18. Repentance ...
a)* is a gift which God must give to men.
b) is a step which men must make in the process of salvation.
c) means to feel sorry for sin.
19. T* F Despite Israel's rebellion when Jesus preached to them, and their lack of appreciation for the benefits God gave them, God still works His grace unto salvation among them, just as He works in all other nations.
20. T F* The story of the Ethiopian eunuch shows that the proper mode of water baptism is immersion.
21. T* F Water baptism is not necessary for salvation.
22. Jesus asked Saul the question in Acts 9:4 ...
a)* in order to cause him to start thinking about his foolishness.
b) for information.
c) to reveal how sad He was that Saul had hurt His people.
d) to humble him in the presence of his traveling companions.
23. T* F The book of Acts corrects the wrong impression that, as God dealt historically with the nation of Israel, He was a respecter of persons, and declares that people of every nation are sinners who find acceptance with God by grace alone through the gospel.
24. From verses such as Acts 13:48, 14:27 and 15:14 we learn (choose one or more):
a) God is so wise that He can look into the future and see who will have faith in Him and then select those people to be saved.
b)* people do not contribute even the tiniest part toward their salvation, including their faith.
c)* that God elects people to salvation from all nations and then works out the details of history so that they will believe in Him.
d) the Gentiles gladly became the people of God in place of the Jews who did not want the gospel.
25. The message of Acts 14:16,17 and 17:30 is ...
a) people are excused for walking in their own way, if they are ignorant of God's will, because men can only be judged by God if they have been exposed to His will.
b) God is fair and so has one standard of accountability for those people who know His will and another standard for those who never had a chance to read His will in the Bible.
c)* God is patient with people who live their own sinful lives in ignorance of His will because He plans to save some.
26. Paul's message to the Ephesians recorded in Acts 20:17-38 ...
a)* was an instructive view of a minister who is doing his job properly.
b) showed his constant focus upon his own ministry.
c) revealed how hard of a worker he was and therefore why he was so successful.
d) explained that the troubles he had in his ministry showed why it was best for him to work alone rather than involve others.
27. T* F Many of the details of Paul's life as a missionary are included in Acts as types of or as illustrations of the message of the gospel itself.
Write an answer to ONE of the following questions or requests. The answer must not be longer than one paragraph.
A. Show that one of Jesus' acts was to build a spiritual kingdom and not a physical kingdom that would challenge the political kingdoms of this world. THE ANSWER MUST INCLUDE THE FACT THAT THE PHYSICAL POLITICAL AUTHORITIES REMAIN AND THAT JESUS' WITNESS ABIDE BY THE LAWS OF THE POLITICAL RULERS. ALSO THE CONTENT OF THE MESSAGE OF JESUS' WITNESS IS ALWAYS SALVATION
B. Show from the book of Acts that Jesus mission was never intended to be exclusively Jewish, but included people of every nation of the world. SOME POSSIBILITIES ARE ACTS 10:34,35 13:48, 15:14,15, 17:26
C. Show from the book of Acts the amazing power of the gospel to change people's attitude and behavior. SOME POSSIBILITIES ARE ACTS 8:29-39, 9:1-22, 16:14-40, 19:13-20
Write an answer ONE to the following questions or requests. Limit your essay to two pages double spaced. Support your statements and conclusions with quotes from the Bible and the analysis of Acts.
Select and quote one verse from the book of Acts that describes the most important act of Jesus Christ. Explain. THE ANSWER MUST INCLUDE SALVATION
Select and quote one verse from the book of Acts that shows Jesus' power to act according to His will in the face of opposition. Explain. JESUS SAVES WHO HE WILL, OPPOSITION NOT WITHSTANDING. JESUS PROTECTS HIS OWN, OPPOSITION NOT WITHSTANDING
Select and quote one verse from the book of Acts that shows how Jesus arranges circumstances so that His will is carried out. Explain. JESUS CONTROLS THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT AND THE ACTIONS OF UNSAVED MEN SO THAT NO MATTER WHAT, THE GOSPEL GOES OUT AND PEOPLE ARE SAVED.
Home NT Page Top of Page