1. What should be done on the first day of the week? (verse 2)
2. Before Paul could return to Corinth, he expected to first go to what region? (verse 5)
3. Where did Paul have a great door open to him as he wrote this letter? (verse 8, 9)
4. Until Paul could come, would go to see them. (verse 10)
5. What are five things Paul wants them to remember? (verses 13, 14)
6. Who was helping Paul with his needs? (verse 17)
7. What was Paul's personal desire for the Corinthians? (verses 23,24)
1. T F Even though the words "the first day of the week" are the words "one of the sabbaths," they still refer to Sunday.
2. The word "door" in verse 9 refers to the fact that
a) Paul's strong words resulted in a great opportunity for persecution to come against him.
b) as Paul preached the gospel, many friends offered hospitality to him so he could rest from persecution.
c) God gave Paul a chance to preach the gospel for the way heaven is still open.
3. T F Paul sent Timothy to Corinth, not only to check up on their obedience, but also for mutual fellowship and encouraging support.
4. According to verse 13
a) no physical circumstances should exempt or prevent believers from seeking to do God's will.
b) a believer's own determination and persistence will see him through persecution and to the completion of his appointed task.
c) a person enters heaven through his own faithfulness and courage.
5. T F Verse 17 is not a complaint or a rebuke but a statement of fact which ought to encourage the Corinthians because they now know God is taking care of Paul.
Write an answer to ONE of the following questions or requests. The answer must not be longer than one paragraph.
A. What message is there in the names that are found in I Corinthians 16, especially those for whom so little information is given?
B. How can we be sure that an apparent opportunity to serve the Lord is truly an open door or just a personal desire or imagination?
Write an answer to the following question or request. Limit your essay to two pages double spaced typed. Support your statements and conclusions with quotes from the analysis of Chapter 16.
What ought a Christian's behavior and attitude be during Sunday, the Christian day of worship to his Lord, that will result in a blessing to God and others?
Home 1Cor. Page Top of Page 1Cor 16 Key